Sunday, May 27, 2007

Need For Speed Carbon




Mm-mm-mm-mm-MM!! Need for Speed Carbon has to be the BEST driving game, out there! I spent an hour playing it, last night. A distracted hour, as I got inch by inch commentary along the track by my friend's game-freak brother. For some reason (maybe because it's not a legal copy of the game?) I can't get it to install on my own computer... well.. yeah, it installs, but it won't run. So.. I'll have to inveigle my husband to buy me a game when I get back to Denmark :D.

I'm a curious being. I've been told that, and pretty much accepted it. I take ultimate pleasure in the simplest things in life. I've been coldheartedly informed that I've "watered down" my race, and not even for monetary benefit! For some folks, "life" is centered around money, possessions and status. For the West Indian woman who's been deprived all her life, marriage becomes the way out, and hopefully forward. Get married, and stop strugging, cuz this new person whose loaded with money, is going to provide for you, and make everything better. He's going to give you a monthly allowance, and you can get to max out his credit card, and go shopping all day, every day with your girlfriends. Not to mention, all the trips to NYC and the fancy jewellry.

I'm not one of those women. My husband's not rich, but neither is he hand-to-mouth. If we want a vacation, we can save for it. I've been sacrificing all my life, and though I love to travel, and would like to own a luxury yacht, I'm not going to spend my life yearning for what I don't have. I'm perfectly happy to work for what I want, and to furthermore, keep my wants within the reaches of my pocket. To me, it gives us meaningful projects to work toward.

For the moment, it's enough that I can count on his love, dedication and devotion. It's great that whatever we have in the future will be based on the foundation that we build today, and that we both intend to work hard. I believe that the plateau in any married woman's experience has to be when a husband says, "I don't always know what to say, or say the right things, but I'm willing to try/learn". How can I not love someone like that? Someone who's willing to meet, learn, understand and love the real me? The me that noone else sees because I don't allow them? (I don't believe in being "mushy", by the way, so you bloggers are getting quite a treat!)

But.. back to where I began. I like simple things. I like driving games (Need for Speed(s) and Driver 1 and 2), Rituals Chillers (a kinda frappuccino drink), icecream, mangoes and British Airways. I live close to the airport, and the planes' paths invariably take them directly over my street. British Airways leaves the airport at 17:10 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and it's the most beautiful plane I've ever seen. When they pass over my street, the planes are usually low enough for me to see the logos on the tails, and sometimes on the sides. So.. yesterday was a perfect day for me: I had 4 mangoes, 1/2 litre of ice cream, Need for Speed, AND British Airways!

No comments: