Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In the mood for Danish bread.. BADly

I may not be to wild about Denmark, but I absolutely loooooooooooove Danish bread (though not the rugbrød). I like how they fill them up with aaaaaaaaaaaaall kinds of whole grain (oats, wheat, rye, possibly linseed, and i dunno what else). I love it cuz two slices helps me be regular. Actually, this is the real reason why I'm gaga about their bread, cuz anything that takes me to the toilet gets promoted to Zeus status! So.. I'll add to my list of Danish favorites: Chilean grapes, Spanish pears, plums, peaches, Danish salat (aka lettuce to mere English speakers), the mild cheese, and the bread with the seeds on top of it that aint necessarily laxative, but gives the bread a cool flavour.

Oh... I also adore the kanelsnegls. English speakers call them Danishes.. but.. sheesh.. Danes can't exactly call ONE of their many pastries a DANISH, can they? Kanelsnegl translates into cinnamon snail, and I dunno if the description is cool or gross, but they sure are YUMMY!

No comments: